WorldatWork interviewed Mark Briggs, Director, Sales Compensation Design at Cardinal Health, along with Donya Rose, then Director, Sales Effectiveness and Rewards with Towers Watson.* Donya and Mark discuss the best ways the HR Business Partner can contribute to the sales compensation design process. Topics covered include:
- Why is this important for HR and how can they lead?
- What has led to this new opportunity for HR leaders?
- The risks (of HR leadership)
- Tips for HR professionals acting as arbitrator
- How HR professionals can be effective
- Mistakes HR leaders have made in their work with sales compensation
Click through and watch the video here.
For more about the presentation on the same topic, along with some great downloadables (plan document template, detailed work plan for the sales comp design process, presentation of great content on the topic), see this companion post.
See excerpts with Donya’s comments from the video below:
*Donya is now Managing Principal at The Cygnal Group.
Donya Rose, CSCP, is Managing Principal of The Cygnal Group. She is a recognized expert in sales compensation plan design, regularly speaking at conferences and writing published articles. She serves clients from F500 to growth-stage businesses, and advises WorldatWork on sales compensation hot topics and best practices.